|Who We Are > Careers|
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Americans with Disabilities Act
It is the policy of Neighborhood House that we acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a college community. We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons that are a part of our community and further strive to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Neighborhood House does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, genetics, or veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy complies with letter of applicable federal and local laws, including Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Job Title: Food Pantry Assistant for Cesar Chavez K-8 School
Salary Range: $11.46 - $13.75 DOE
Hours: 14 hours per week
Department: Youth and Family Services
Closing Date: July 29, 2014
This position will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Chavez SUN School Food Pantry program that includes placing and picking up food orders each week, overseeing food distributions one evening per week, and under direction of the SUN School Site Coordinator, assist with managing the Food Pantry volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Place food order for Chavez SUN School Food Pantry with Oregon Food Bank and accept food donations.
- In partnership with SUN School Site Coordinator, identify and establish new sources of food donations with local businesses, as program needs change and time permits.
- Pick up food order at Oregon Food Bank, and shop the OFB dock for perishable and non-perishable items, following dock procedures and complete necessary paperwork for OFB.
- Unload food order at Chavez SUN School Food Pantry, organizing items in pantry space and stocking shelves as needed, ensuring food program inventory is adequate and all required standards are met.
- Distribute food to clients during food box hours.
- Follow all OFB Standards for food storage and distribution:
- Maintain a clean food storage area and equipment.
- Defrost freezer, check equipment monthly, check freezer temperature and log results regularly.
- Compile and report required statistical information for agency and OFB to submit monthly.
- Assist with training and supervising volunteers at food pantry.
Associate's degree with two (2) years relevant experience; preferably within the field of non-profit emergency assistance or food pantry/food assistance programs preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to follow directions and have strong organizational and time management skills.
Bilingual in Spanish and ability to translate and interpret orally in Spanish for families is preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups and ability to work independently.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with youth, parents and diverse communities and cultures and communicate effectively with those whose English language skills are limited. Excellent oral and written communication and ability to communicate professionally with clients, families, service providers, community members and co-workers. Ability to work as a team player. Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
Require own vehicle transportation, a valid driver's license, and car insurance acceptable to Neighborhood House's insurance provider.
Must pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
To apply, submit résumé and cover letter via one of the following methods –
email@example.com (job title must be in e-mail subject line)
Human Resources/ Food Pantry Assistant - Cesar Chavez K-8 School
7780 SW Capitol Hwy.
Portland, OR 97219
For more information call Steve Johnson at 503-246-1663 ext. 1107