|What We Do > Early Childhood > Parenting Program|
You are your child’s first and most important teacher.
Neighborhood House’s Parenting Program helps parents enhance their parenting skills so they are more able to support their children’s healthy development and education. It provides culturally and developmentally appropriate services for families with children ages 0-6. The program values the diverse backgrounds of the families it serves and respects cultural differences as it works to support families in making decisions relating to early childhood education and parenting.
Parenting Program services include:
- Developmentally appropriate parent-child interactive play groups
- Parenting support groups
- Workshops on nutrition, child development and early brain development to strengthen parenting
- Home visits
- Health and developmental screenings for all participating children
- Parent resource lending library
- Toy and book lending library for children
- Support and advocacy for families of children entering school
- Linkages to community services and opportunities
- Family Literacy program including ESL classes
- School transition services
Trainings for schools and community service providers on cultural- sensitivity and early childhood education