|What We Do > Youth > SOL Program|
|I'm here for you!|
SOL makes big promises—and it keeps them.
SOL – Success - Opportunity - Leadership – is a school-based program that supports the success of at-risk youth ages 8 to 13, while keeping them away from drugs and delinquency. More than just an afterschool program, the key to SOL’s effectiveness is its intensive services. Each child is matched to a case manager who becomes a supportive and consistent presence in his/her life. Case managers work with families, too, connecting parents with needed services, as well as their child’s school.
SOL's broad services focus on prevention and early intervention:
- Case management support
- Educational support, including tutoring/homework assistance and other afterschool activities
- Recreation, cultural events, life-skills and leadership development
- Family services include counseling, parenting skills training and identification and treatment of substance abuse
- Community policing services engage officers in more frequent patrols around participating schools and makes them familiar with enrolled children and families
- Advocacy and intervention on behalf of youth involved in the juvenile justice system